Thursday, February 25

The shamrockiest shake isn't enough for me

In honor of it being almost March, and therefore being almost St. Patrick's Day, I did some holiday-appropriate experimenting. I have tasted, for the very first time, a Shamrock Shake at McDonald's.
    It was light green, which was adorable, and had the proper and right amount of whipped cream on it. I had read that the flavor itself was minty, and it was, but it really wasn't as minty as I would have liked. It was almost more vanilla than it should have been. I'd have liked more green and more mint flavor. It was definitely a vanilla shake with mint in it, and that does absolutely nothing for me. And even though it was named after the holiday's leafy plant, and it's a very cheesy way to celebrate, I don't think I'll have one again. But having said that, I'm seeing recipes online for at-home Shamrock Shakes, and I wonder if those will be much better.
    Also, I'm going to bring in my St. Patrick's Day decorations this weekend and shamrock up my house.

No comments: