Friday, February 12

Magazines are the best medium out there

There was a January a couple years ago when one of my EXPECTATIONs was to be more timely in reading my magazines. I stuck with it for an impressive amount of time, but I'll admit to having fallen off that particular wagon about a year ago. My magazine piles don't get out of hand, but I do have two or three "Entertainment Weekly [Monthly]" issues hanging out next to my bed, also one or two "Martha Stewart" and "Real Simple," and an Uncommon Goods catalog.
    I also have renewed my "Vanity Fair" subscription for a year (after a couple years without it), or at least I think I did. I haven't gotten one yet and now I wonder when I can expect it. But it's the first time I rolled the dice on another magazine to mostly sit in my pile.
    I also created a better space for my magazine pile; I attached one of those under-shelf baskets under my nightstand shelf, and it's holding my mags off the floor and I think I'm in love with that solution. I keep looking at the pile as I type this, and thinking that maybe I can get through a couple of them before bedtime tonight. Of course that motivation will probably be very fleeting, as I am yawning and getting sleepy.

No comments: