Sunday, February 7

A productive weekend for me and Tom Brady

SUPER BOWL SUNDAY: Quite obviously, it was not my team that won the Super Bowl tonight, but it was my (previous) quarterback. I was super bummed when Tom Brady left the Patriots; optimistic when the team picked up Cam Newton; happy for Brady and Rob Gronkowski in their success during the season; weirded out when the Patriots didn't make the playoffs; and pleased for Brady and Gronk when they made it to the Super Bowl. My daughter asked me today if I was cheering for my "old quarterback." I said, "Well, yes, as a matter of fact, I am." I was pleased to be able to tell her tonight that my "old quarterback" won the game.
ALSO: I did get my Sprinkles cupcakes on Saturday, and I am somewhat happy to say that I didn't love them. I think I've put my finger on my issue with Sprinkles. It's the cake. It's super crumbly, and not terribly moist, like at all. The frostings can be good/great, but the cakes are where the experience falls apart for me. And now having nailed that down, I can easily avoid them with no temptation. They'll be for me like what Brian's once-a-year Big Mac experience is for him, something I try once a year that reminds me why I only partake once a year. I'm genuinely thinking of ending my social media follows of them, too.
EXPECTATION update: We finally got Sydney's bathroom all taken care of aesthetically. Her new shower curtain and towels look super good. I didn't get into the cabinet under the sink quite yet, but we've got the stuff ready for that task and I hope to power through it at some point this week.

No comments: