Sunday, February 14

Hearts and hearts and cake and hearts

I had a bizarrely almost perfect Valentine's Day today, and it was ridiculously unromantic, except for all the times Brian told me I was an awesome valentine.
    First and foremost, my valentine forgot to bring me my valentine mocha. So that was disappointing. But then we went to Costco, which is something I hate doing every day of the week so it's fitting that we'd do it one Valentine's Day. And then we went to Portillo's to pick up the Valentine's heart-shaped cake I ordered a month ago.
    We also got lunch at Portillo's and then we came home to eat and unload our Costco haul. After lunch, Brian and I watched "Rambo: First Blood Part II," which was so far from being a romantic date movie, but still something that I did want to watch because I'm on a Rambo quest. Then Brian made some oatmeal raisin cookies, which sounds really great, but I also had cake to eat, so my points were out of control today, for sure.
    For dinner: Pei Wei takeout and watching "Tenet" as a family, which was the best part of my day. My very unromantic Valentine's Day was pretty ideal. And since Sydney doesn't have school tomorrow, I even get to sleep in just a little bit in the morning.

No comments: