Wednesday, February 24

Sleep is a magnificent thing

I am four days into my Trazodone-kicking EXPECTATION, and as of now, it's beginning to go okay. I had cut down my dosage to one per night with my Advil PM at the end of January, and had intended to cut them out entirely at the end of this month. But I got eager because I didn't want to refill my prescription when it popped up into my email last week.
    Anyway, so I pulled back on the Trazodone entirely Saturday night. I didn't sleep well. I fell asleep easy enough, but I woke up several times during the night whenever I rolled over, or shifted positions, and my mind was very busy. And I even felt cold. Sunday night, same: woke whenever I moved, my brain wasn't resting, and felt chilled. So Monday I did myself a solid; I wore some sleeping socks for bed to keep me warmer. Bizarrely, with just that minimal change of comfort, I slept better. Still waking, but far fewer times, and I was more comfortable and rested. Last night, more of the same, and better.
    From what I read abut Trazodone withdrawal, and yes that's a thing, I may deal with the after-effects of cutting out the medication for up to a week. For some people, it may last months, but in my case, I expect I'll have it kicked within this week, simply because I wasn't taking much, and I hadn't been taking it for that long. Still, I'm noticing with every night that goes by that I'm sleeping better and more restfully. EXPECTATIONs are falling like dominoes around here, you guys.

No comments: