Wednesday, February 17

Like, really? Toss your paper where it goes!

So it's time for a Public Service Announcement. But that'll come after a fashion, and after I describe to you the offensive behavior that precedes the announcement.
    I visited the ladies room in my office's building. It's a "public" bathroom in the lobby, so while we're in a smaller building with very few strangers moving in and out, it's still not specifically in our office, so anyone who enters the building can use it. That's the bathroom we use, and while most times it's fine, sometimes it's not.
    Today, I entered a stall and found, to my horror, that someone had wiped and tossed their toilet paper behind them, but DID NOT ensure that the paper landed in the toilet, and then, LEFT IT ON THE FLOOR. I am repulsed and grossed out and incensed at the apathy that person showed to a public ladies bathroom stall. I just don't understand how someone can go ahead and take care of their business, and then not care to be sure that the bathroom experience is handled appropriately. Like, who doesn't make sure their toilet paper lands in the toilet?
    I understand that automatic toilets are amazing things, but people! They can't be sure the toilet paper AUTOMATICALLY makes it into the toilet! Look around and be sure your paper isn't on the floor!
    PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Check the stall and be sure everything gets taken care of properly!

No comments: