Monday, February 1

Aioli for every day, week, month and year

My local grocery store features an outdoor barbecue every day, and the food is quite delicious. I'm partial to the hamburgers and macaroni salad, as well as the baked beans, and a hot dog every once in a while, too. The barbecue has a condiment bar alongside, and in that condiment bar is a delicious, very special chipotle aioli, handmade by the mastermind behind the grill.
    I'm not usually one for spicy condiments, but this aioli is amazing, and tastes fantastic on practically everything. Neither Brian nor Sydney like it, so whenever we order from there, I ask for aioli for all, and then squirrel it away for myself. I use it on all my take-out hamburgers, on steak sandwiches, on chicken sandwiches and even on a hot dog. Since I get three little cups of it at a time, I use it liberally and as often as I want, and it's my own happy mealtime pleasure.
    But today, I realized that it's totally time to visit the barbecue again. I have only one little cup of aioli left in the fridge, and I had to crack it open this afternoon for my lunchtime hamburger. This last cup of aioli is stressing me out just a little bit, as I rarely have fewer than three in the fridge at a time. Yep, we're definitely having lunch at the barbecue this weekend.

No comments: