Sunday, February 21

Chromecast to the rescue ... tomorrow

I've gone ahead and made a technological change in my screen entertainments in my room today. As I think I've told you, Sydney and I have been enjoying "Gravity Falls" on Disney+ lately. But when Brian's home, we don't get unfettered access to the television downstairs, and by extension, the AppleTV downstairs. In my room, I have one of those Blu-Ray players that also streams Amazon Prime and Netflix. To my disappointment, the small machine won't add other services, such as Disney+ or Hulu.
    Sydney was saying how she wished we could watch "Gravity Falls" up in my room, when I remembered that I do have a years-old Google Chromecast device in the cabinet. Of course, when we tried to re-sync it with the TV and the wi-fi, it was very irritable and difficult and basically was too old to get all hooked up as it should. I asked her to check out how much a Chromecast was on Amazon, and upon discovering that it's not cost-prohibitive, we ordered one. It should be delivered tomorrow, and then all the entertainments will be available on my television upstairs.
    Also, I have watched "Rambo III" and am currently almost finished with the fourth installment, titled simply "Rambo." Once I'm done, there is only the latest, and last, Rambo movie, "Rambo: Last Blood." I'm still not super sure I want to see that one, because of the sex trafficking plot which I assume is super rapey, and I DO NOT like seeing that in my movies, so if I decide against that, at least I've seen the majority of the guy's story.

No comments: