Friday, January 1

Ready to rock and roll, I think!

So it's time to say "Happy New Year," right? Here it is, the first day of a new year, and a year of renewed optimism for the future ahead of us right now. Indeed, there is a vaccination coming our way some time relatively soon, and the light at the end of our tunnel is just out of reach. But we're getting there.
As for me, I'm formulating my list of EXPECTATIONs, and will be ready to share those with you in the next couple/few days. Right now though, I'm enjoying a visit from my cousin who lives in Virginia. We had a delightful day today, have an activity tomorrow, as well as something planned for Sunday and Monday. Sydney also is having a good time with Jessica and her daughter, which makes me happy because Sydney doesn't really know my family at all. And today she met my cousin and she sees how fun family can be to hang out with. Or at least see how much fun *I* can have hanging out with *my* family.
Today we visited the Phoenix Zoo, and objectively, it was a fantastic day to visit the zoo. It was cooler in the morning when we got there, and the animals were awake, moving around and being more charming and photogenic than they have in a very long time, if ever. I told Shyloh that she was our good luck charm for seeing moving and engaging animals at the zoo. I mean, really, the coyotes and mountain lions and wolves were active! So cool!
As for my household plans for this weekend, I bought a sage bundle at a spiritual shop nearby to smudge my house for the new year, and Sydney and I are eager to get it done. I watched a couple videos on how to do it, and in them, I saw that most of the instructors had abalone shells to hold and tamp out the sage. Amazingly, I actually have an abalone shell in my house, so I should be able to conduct the ritual quite by the book. I'll let you know how that goes.
I also want to take my tree down and get it outside, and maybe do some more home organizing. It's time for Mom's room to become a way station for things to be donated or tossed, so my house soon will be cleansed both spiritually and materialistically.

No comments: