Monday, January 4

It smells like a freshly opened pack of Smarties

Over the last several years I have become very much into scented hand lotion. My favorite brand is Hempz. I love my hand lotions to have delicious smells: my work bottle is Pomegranate, my upstairs bottle is Exotic Green Tea & Asian Pear, and the kitchen bottle is the Triple Moisturizer, which I think smells like Smarties.
This is a topic of blog because I was waiting for my tea to heat up at work and had just washed my hands, so I took some of the Nivea lotion in the kitchen there. So. Gross. It smelled like ... *lotion.* No cool smell, no vaguely incompatible wording as the flavor, and no smooth consistency. And let me tell you, when you put on a lotion you don't like the smell of, that smell LASTS. It took at least three hand washes throughout the morning, and my own lotion applied after that, to get the basic lotion smell off my hands. Nothing makes you appreciate a good smell more than having to tolerate a not-good smell.
I also really like the L'Occitane "lavande" flavor, too. Those are my two brands that I like the best for hand lotion. There. That's all.

No comments: