Sunday, January 24

Imagine a big hole ripped out of the bottom

I'm finding a lot of happiness in the fact that I have out-strategized my 4-year-old dog.
    PROBLEM: She likes to crawl about under my bed a lot; it's her hideout, safe place and toy depository. I love that she has such a place of her own in the house, but in her little cave, she also has discovered that she can rip through the thin fabric at the bottom of my bed's boxspring. She's become quite adept at the ripping, and because of that, I have a sizable hole in the boxspring's under fabric. My issue is that she also chews on this fabric, and it's that weird, wispy, stringy stuff and I just don't want her swallowing that.
    SOLUTION: I have a large under-bed bin that holds notebooks, catalogs, randoms, and other sentimental, useful stuff. I have recently shifted the bin to the left about two feet so that it now rests directly under the hole she's dug, instead of near, or next to, it.
    Every time she goes under the bed and I don't hear her dig in her hole or pull at it with her teeth, is a personal victory. A victory over a 4-year-old Lhasa Apso, but still, a valid victory in the battle of life.

No comments: