Friday, January 15

Wanda is still the awesomest

Hey so remember a couple days ago when I told you that I asked for a raise? Well, I found out today that I got it! Very! Exciting! And I start my longer days on Monday. So work things are changing and expanding. My duties are changing and expanding. I won't be going back to full time, which is still ideal, but I will start to get more stuff done every day, and dig into some editorial, too. All good things.
    Brian and I watched the first two episodes of "WandaVision" tonight. I'm super intrigued, but I'll say that I thought the episodes were just a little slow? There's something wrong with the show, and that's what's intriguing. The wrongness of it has tickled my curiosity, and the little weird Easter eggs are enough to keep me for sure interested in seeing what happens next. There are nine episodes, and with seven to go, there's a lot to see of what happens next.
    Also, we watched the first three episodes of "The Queen's Gambit." I've already seen it; Brian hasn't, and I volunteered to sit and rewatch it with him. Brian's luxury is that when something may or may not be bad, he theorizes out loud and I'll tell him yes or no. I wish *I* had someone to tell me that the adoptive parents didn't turn out creepy or terrible. Instead I had to watch and wait and see how the story unfolded in suspense. B doesn't live like that, and he's pretty happy that I can make the show less suspenseful for him. I'm excited to watch the rest of it with him; such a good show!

No comments: