Monday, January 11

And a new project/experience is born

I'm watching "Independence Day" right now. Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum just convinced the president that they can fly an alien craft back to the Mother Ship and implant a computer virus ... in ALIEN TECHNOLOGY that of course syncs with Goldblum's laptop. This movie is yet another example of a special classic that my kid hasn't seen but needs to see. It's for sure going on the agenda for July 4.
Wait. I'm thinking that maybe what I need to do is start a "theme" movie list for this new, right-now-developing Themed/Holiday Movie List Extravaganza idea. Next weekend is my birthday. Name one awesome birthday movie that everyone should see, and yes indeed, that would be "Sixteen Candles." After that, I'm currently at a loss, but at least I have a starting point.
My limit will be two movies per theme. This idea, as it turns and stirs and becomes something in my head right now, could end up being pretty amazing. Other Themes/Holidays: Groundhog Day of course, Valentines Day, another birthday for Brian, St. Patrick's Day, spring, Easter, and I really need to break out a calendar and pad of paper to roll through more of this.

No comments: