Wednesday, January 27

And the there was "Dark Fate"

I'm watching "Terminator: Dark Fate" and I'm a bit disappointed by it. Brian and I saw it in the theater, and I feel the same way tonight as I felt then. That is was a missed opportunity. They had Arnold and Linda Hamilton back in the fold, and they waste them with this particular movie. An ugh plot and weird loopholes and just not great all the way around.
    And can I just say? Why is it that we finally get a female Terminator, and she's got some crazy weakness where she's actually just an augmented human who requires some kind of meds to stay healthy, so she can't fight as well against the boys? Like, why can't she be a badass Terminator like Arnold? Why does she need to be less of a Terminator? Who's feelings would be hurt by an actual female Terminator being the hero here?
    I'd ask all the movie executives why they couldn't stomach a story with a strong and powerful Terminator, but they probably all have penises and are intimidated by that kind of thing. Having said that, I still wish the story itself was better.

No comments: