Sunday, January 10

I cheer against, not for, this year

Well I did better today, though not as well as I'd liked to have, but oh well, some days are like that.

It's a weird NFL post-season for me this year. Obviously, this is because the Patriots aren't in the hunt at all. What this does afford me though is a worry-free watching experience, where all I do is cheer against/for the teams/players I do/don't like, and not really care who wins. Examples from this weekend: I'm pleased that Philip Rivers lost, that Ben Roethlisberger lost, and that Tom Brady won (because of course). Games that did not go how I had hoped: the Saints won, the Titans lost, the Bills won.
Next weekend, my cheers and allegiances go to: the Packers losing, the Buccaneers winning, the Ravens losing. I have no cares for the Browns/Chiefs game, as there really is no chance that the Browns will win that one. I'm very confident that the Chiefs will repeat as Super Bowl champions this season, though I'd also really like to see Tom and the Bucs win.
Anyway, as I was saying, it's a very relaxing post-season for this particular football fan.

No comments: