Thursday, June 10

Raya is my new best friend

I guess my main update for today would be that I still do not have access to my Instagram. Granted, it's been less than a week -- five days, in fact, but I feel like my situation is a quick one to fix. Also, I'm sure they've got a whole bunch of these to take care of, but I really, really want mine fixed like right now. I'm all ready to set up my two-factor authorization, and to be a better custodian of my Instagram account, they just need to give it back to me. I'll be a better mother to it, I swear.
    I was telling Ashley this afternoon that it's pretty amazing how much and often I had been checking my Insta. As they say, you never know how much you need/use something until it's gone. I'm lacking my window into a lot of people, companies and zoos without it, and I'm getting quite frustrated.
    Our Movie Night feature this evening was "Raya and the Last Dragon;" it was adorable! I'm not used to a Disney movie with no singing or dancing, so that was weird, but I am totally here for a female hero who has a story with no men in it at all. Not a single man in her life but her dad. And she had to be the hero to save him. And she was awesome. I'm sure I said this after "Moana," but again, I am here for a girl having her own story that doesn't depend on some love interest/prince making an appearance. Also, the main antagonist was a woman. And the dragon was female, you guys, and that's cause for celebration. So much awesome estrogen.

No comments: