Wednesday, June 9

A breath of fresh restfulness and ease

It's a special feeling of relief when the last person in your immediate bubble gets their second vaccination shot. Honestly, I feel bad for the people who don't get to breathe this special sigh of comfort when it happens. So obviously, Sydney got her second COVID-19 vaccination shot this afternoon. I don't know how she'll get through it, but I think that Brian and I not having any reaction, and both sets of her grandparents not having any reaction, bodes well for her. I made her drink a whole bunch of water all day today, and I'll have her do the same tomorrow. I hope it's an easy time for her, but everyone is so different, no one ever knows what's going to happen.
    What's crazy is the wave of relief and release of tension I felt as we sat in the site waiting our 15 minutes. I wanted to cry, as I realized that my immediate family and I managed to get through this whole thing without getting sick, and now weren't in any danger of getting terribly ill or dying.
    How are people refusing this feeling for themselves and their family? How are they willfully walking this earth not doing their part to save anyone and everyone they come into contact with: family, friend or stranger? So many people who have refused the validity of this illness are still catching it and transmitting it to people they love, and they continue to refuse vaccination because why? It's insane to me that they're continuing to refuse this treatment. All these people, who are already vaccinated from so many other illnesses and diseases, are being willfully ignorant and stubborn. I wish they'd come over to this side of the fence; it's relaxing and comfortable.

No comments: