Saturday, June 12

It's a movie musical world, and I'm happy

ITEM!:
We tried the Blueberry Bliss bundt cake, and it was good enough, but not amazing, so that's about all I have to say about that. Sydney insisted on a red velvet cake too, and I think I may get some bundtlets to take down to Sierra Vista next weekend. I'm thinking lemon, chocolate chocolate chip, the blueberry, and something else ... or maybe a pie from AJs. We'll have to wait and see.
ITEM!: Brian and I watched "In the Heights" tonight, and it was a delightful movie! There simply are not enough movie musicals out there anymore, which is a travesty. Having said that, I'm not sure I'm 100 percent in on the new "West Side Story," and I think new ideas are a better bet. Of course, Lin-Manuel Miranda is a genius, and the movie was a colorful and energetic treat, and I'm so glad we took the time to watch it.
ITEM!: I also watched "Bo Burnham Inside" with Sydney this afternoon, and while portions of it were incredibly clever, other bits seemed insanely self-indulgent, and even kinda boring? I don't think I'll need to invest anymore of my time watching his specials, but this one was entertaining enough.
ITEM!: Also I did other random futzing around my house and got a couple things done.

No comments: