Thursday, June 3

Bring on the pins and needles

I finally did it, you guys. I've got an appointment with an acupuncturist in a few days, and I'm getting my hopes up. Of course the practitioner told me that the session would not be a one-and-done to cure the dystonia, which I figured, but as I told him, any incremental relief I received from any appointments and follow-ups would be welcome. I think I've been dealing with this for about three years, and I continue to be super over it.
    The deep-muscle massager hasn't worked well; the muscle injections from the neurologist was a terrible, terrible disaster; and it is definitely not carpal tunnel that can be fixed with surgery. I've had several possible fixes, but nothing that's worked. I don't want to get pessimistic, but I have to wonder, if this doesn't work either, what's my next option?
    Still, I'm excited about the possibilities. The guy said he'd treated dystonia before, so there's some optimism. Several days from now can't get here soon enough.

No comments: