Wednesday, April 1

Sadly, not at all a joking month

Happy April, you guys, and I wish I could tell you that this month is a bad joke, but it's absolutely not. My girls' weekend was canceled, and our Disneyland trip was canceled. I know it pales in comparison to all the other stuff going on right now, but if I can whine for a moment, I'm super bummed that this pandemic ruined my April. April and May were going to be awesome, and now they won't. Now they'll be all inside and Netflix and Prime Video. Okay; selfish whine session over.
My avatar is quarantined. In pajamas. With her only window to the outside being a window to the outside. Socks and pigtails. All that's missing is a television behind her, too. And a cup of tea in her hand. I am her.
I finished the second season of "Luther" downstairs today, and was all ready to watch more, but again, the technology in my room upstairs was uncooperative. And I really don't like watching shows like that on my phone. So, more "Luther" hopefully tomorrow, or I just suck it up and watch it on the phone.
I've decided to suspend the Instagram account I have to post the drawings I did on Sydney's lunchbags. My drawings were not particularly detailed ... or ... good, but I enjoyed doing them and they were funny, I thought. I have 80 followers, of which a surprising amount were people who just found me. And the Lunchbag-Decorating Parents Community on Instagram was insanely complimentary and encouraging and supportive, and it was a treat to be a part of it. I had planned on stopping at the end of her school year, as she finished middle school and headed to high school, but the stay-at-home and closed schools situation moved up my timeline. I'm pretty okay with it, because honestly, the drawings were a creative outlet, and now that I'm blogging again, my outlet preference has shifted. I'd rather write than draw any day. Having said that, I'd actually really like to turn my not-good drawings into a line of greeting cards. I'm not even kidding about that. I think that's a great idea.

No comments: