Thursday, April 2

Keyboard crumbs are the devil's droppings

The goal this month is, I think, to post to the blog here every day. If only because it'll be my version of quarantining. A quarantine of my thoughts, if you will. A month-long mental quarantine. Sounds good.
I let Brian use my laptop for his online dental convention lectures today, and tonight when I opened the laptop and began typing, I FOUND A FOOD CRUMB IN MY KEYBOARD. This will not be tolerated, and he'll get a stern talking-to in the morning in regards to respecting my cool shit. Using the laptop is a privilege, and I'm not at all about finding f*ckin' crumbs when I'm typing.
I returned my work email notifications to what they were before this whole stay-at-home thing started, and removed all badges. We've kinda figured our way through this, and with the Slack app, we're staying in better contact now, and there's no reason why I need to know when I'm getting work emails again. I still have access to the email, it's just not telling me when I get them anymore, and that's perfect. I'm going to try my best to revert back to part-time Kimmie, who doesn't care about the office AT ALL before 9 a.m. and after 1 p.m.
This image is from the LEGO artwork exhibit, currently at the California Science Center in Los Angeles. If you can make it there, after the quarantine of course, you really should! It was so awesome, and inspiring, and humbling and just so cool. And his face is how I feel when I come across crumbs in my keyboard.

No comments: