Friday, April 24

Cinderella with a Swiffer

Today was the day in quarantine wherein I mopped the floors of my house. -- It occurred to me as I saw doggy prints and random smudges on my floor, that it doesn't do much good to have clean carpets if we're just going to track dirty wood floor onto them. So Sydney and I visited Target; I got some Swiffer wet mop pads, and then I got to mopping. Truth be told, it wasn't as bad as I had thought it would be. Confession: I didn't vacuum first, and whatever the mop left, it left. (It hadn't been that long since I vacuumed, so it wasn't bad at all.) And really, with so much wood flooring, the mopping went relatively quickly. Anyway, I feel much better about my floors as a whole, and all is well.
I threw out the rest of my Easter candy this morning. You see, last night I took a couple pieces of chocolate bunny to eat before bed, and consequently, I had terrible acid reflux as I laid down. I felt so gross and pained, and all I could think about was the candy that I absolutely should not have eaten. So this morning, after breakfast, I tossed out the last of the bunny and all the Peeps. Everything else is easy enough for me to bypass, but the bunny and Peeps are my kryptonite. So now they're gone, and I felt better all day.
I also managed to find a new home for a couple mugs from my collection, which was an unexpected pleasure, and a couple other random tasks were completed. It was a more productive day than I thought, I suppose!

No comments: