Monday, April 13

Not feeling a clever headline, so Monday's post

Blame "Penny Dreadful." I've successfully binged and finished "Penny Dreadful" over the last few days, and I'm a better person for it. The episodes though are an hour long each, and watching this show was no small time commitment. Also, there's a lot going on every hour, so I didn't want to blog while I was watching so I wouldn't miss anything. It was an enjoyable experience, and I actually find myself eager to watch the spin-off, "Penny Dreadful: City of Angels," that starts in a week or two. No characters repeat, of course, and it's an entirely different story, but the basic conceit is the same, so I'll give it a shot.
Sydney negotiated the cancellation of one of her monthly game subscriptions to join Hulu, and with our Disney+ subscription already, we were able to bundle our Hulu and Disney+ with ESPN+ and now we have a boatload more streaming services to watch during our quarantine for only a few more dollars per month. And what's on Hulu? "Designing Women," "The Golden Girls," "South Park," "Archer," and one of the best shows in the whole, wide world, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer." Sydney's excited to sit and watch "Buffy" with me, and that makes me very happy. No idea when we'll start, but it's definitely on our to-watch list.

No comments: