Monday, April 6

It's time to become my own aesthetician

Sydney came into my room tonight to complain about how her hair is growing out from its cute, short cut, and I explained that there's no one around to fix it, and that if I have to live with my gray roots, she can live with her longer hair. I am very concerned for what our hairs look like at the end of April, going into May. The real question is, which of us gets Jessica's attention first once we can get into the salon.
I had to trim my own bangs the other night, which is something that I usually do regularly, but still, I'd rather a professional do it. And my eyebrows are going to demand some attention here in the next couple days, too. It has legit been years since I had to clean up my own brows. I know I'm not the only one, but I'm feeling very bearish.
After 10 minutes in the backyard, I came into the house with a mosquito bite on one wrist, and a cut on my thumb. No idea when/how they happened, but the bite itches terribly and the cut is right on my knuckle, so it's pulling open every time I move my thumb. So stupid to go outside for mere minutes and come back inside with mystery wounds.
I finished up the fifth season of "Luther" today, so I'm done with that one. What's next? Maybe more "Altered Carbon," or maybe I'll cave and watch "Tiger King," or maybe I'll go on a Disney binge. All this hanging out and not getting to do anything is certainly catching me up on ALL the television and movies. But my big takeaway from "Luther" is that I'd never be able to drive in England. Having to do all that stuff with my left hand instead of my right would be so weird! Shifting with my left hand? MADNESS.

No comments: