Tuesday, April 21

I wish this damn virus was unemployed

I applied for unemployment today, and I have to tell you that it was a quick and painless process. Granted, it was all online, and the entire thing is expedited by the COVID-19 situation that everyone is dealing with, but it was way less confusing, irritating or frustrating as I had thought it would be. I mean, I very well could have done it totally wrong, but for now, I'm feeling pretty confident in how I handled it.
Also, my carpets are now cleaned, and once I get the area rugs back in the house, there will be no shoes allowed past the dining room. The traffic areas and dirt on my living room rug has managed to gross me out a whole lot, and I am realizing that I'll probably be better off just replacing the thing in two years, once the wear has evened out on the opposite side. It wasn't too terribly expensive, and for something so integral in the home, a replacement when the time comes would be a good thing.
My carpets continue to be the littlest bit damp though, and I'm not interested in putting anything back until they're drier still, so I may be camping somewhat in my bedroom tonight with no nightstands or a bedside lamp.
I'm pretty excited to note that there are only two episodes left of "Altered Carbon" on my Netflix, and that I'll definitely be moving on to something else tomorrow, or maybe tonight, since it's only 9 right now. This show's second season is not at all as interesting as the first, and I was pretty well done with it on the first or second episode, but was stubborn and had to finish the damn thing. Time to roll the dice on what to watch next...

No comments: