Wednesday, April 29

I said it, it will be done

I have a list on a piece of paper on my refrigerator that is titled, "Post-Corona," and it is about four items long of things that need to be taken care of after this whole situation is passed. You know, stuff that is needed, but not necessary. I have garden gloves on it, and bacon-grease cups, and a couple other things I can't remember right now.
I added something else to the list tonight: new lenses for my favorite reading glasses. It occurred to me, yet again, that I'm having issues with my glasses and especially the right eye. There's a few, staccato-like dings in that lens, right across my eye line, and when I'm looking at a screen or lit surface of any kind, the light fractures through them and makes a blur to see through. After a while, this makes for a pretty special headache.
I have no idea why sometimes it takes me so long to figure out what a problem is and how simple it will be to solve it, but tonight I finally put two and two together and said out loud, "I need new lenses for these glasses." Having said that, the task is now a viable project in my brain, and I'll begin to schedule and figure out how to get it done. First and foremost, write it down. And now it's on my list, and I'm using all my other pairs of glasses until I get this taken care of.

No comments: