Sunday, April 26

Avenge the Missing Hot Dog!

We should have a talk about drive-through restaurants, and how f*cking difficult it is, apparently, to be sure a customer gets their goddamn hot dog for dinner. It's not often that Brian suggests Portillo's for dinner, so when he did tonight, Sydney and I jumped at it. My go-to Portillo's meal: hot dog with ketchup, and a large fry. It's not summer yet so there's no lemon cake, but my hot dog and fries are usually very delicious.
Of course the food is always more delicious when you f*cking get what you order. Brian got his beef sandwich and onion rings; Sydney got her cheeseburger and fries. I got ... fries ... and that's it. I wanted a hot dog; I paid for a hot dog; I was denied my hot dog. It's irritating because I usually always take the time to double check my food bags before leaving, but Brian gets impatient, and there were so many people in line behind us, and the bag *felt* heavy enough to have everything, so I just drove off. We didn't realize until we got home and unpacked the food that my entree was missing.
I'm super disappointed and annoyed by this. I wanted a hot dog, and I had to eat a homemade sandwich that wasn't as good. I've been planning my lunches for this week, and now I'm even more hungry for these other places where I hope they will get my order correct.

No comments: