Thursday, February 27

Random things that are overwhelming me right now

The ever-growing pile of donations in the guest room. Clothes and stuff are piling high and starting to expand into the room more and more with every day that goes by. I think the best way to begin is with the clothes, because they just go into bags, but the enormity of the pile in its entirety is insane for my brain right now.
All the events and activities over the next few months. I've got spring break, a girls' weekend in Palm Springs, a girls' weekend at Disneyland, the kid's graduation from middle school, and another long weekend in California. All good stuff, but a lot to plan for, you know?
Work is abnormally busy this week. I'm feeling like I can't catch up, and that my list there is growing and growing. And tomorrow won't be of any help since we're teambuilding off site and I probably won't even get my computer turned on for the day. Also, the teambuilding activity is a surprise so I have no idea when I'll be done for the day to get Sydney after school.
Car, the car, the car. I'm tired of thinking about it. But I've got a couple offers that I may just accept over the next day or two. I'd actually rather have the car for another week so I can transfer the license plates to the new car and be sure I've got all those ducks in a row before I sell mine. I'm super nervous about screwing something up. I've been told there is a lot the DMV allows us to do online, but it almost might be better for my peace of mind if I visit the DMV in person.
There is no book to read. I returned the last of my library books the other day. Another one unread. It's weird how preoccupied I am with the fact that there's nothing on my To-Be-Read shelf, and when I'll be able to get something. I think I might just grab a couple books from the bookcase in the other room and maybe re-read them until I get the books that are languishing in my library queue. I just need something to carry up and down the stairs with my glasses, I guess.
I cut my finger on something in the refrigerator. It's small cut, but like a paper cut, but it was a stealthy ninja cut, and I have no idea what cut me. It bled a whole lot more than I had thought it would. I actually had to grab a tissue to staunch the drops of bleeding. There is perhaps an alligator hiding in my fridge.

No comments: