Tuesday, February 25

A stressful day, a more better evening

My day was stupid and stressful, and I'm so over dealing with all this car garbage. It's like the thing knew I was struggling with saying goodbye, and decided to crap on me this morning to make the eventual goodbye an easier one.
So, my transmission slips. More so when it's cold, so it being parked outside the last couple cool nights has been an issue when I'm taking Sydney to school. It slipped yesterday, and twice this morning. Making it more exciting, the check engine light went on after this morning's slippage.
We took the car to the shop, and since they would have to take the transmission apart to see exactly what the problem was, and since the car is still drivable with this problem, I decided to just edit the car's sales posting with the information about the transmission. I feel much better about being upfront about the transmission, and knowing that I can tell them how to "quick fix" the issue.
I've already got one email for the car's new listing. I contacted all the people who had already emailed me with the new status of the car and a discounted price, essentially splitting the cost of the potential repair. Only one person has replied and asked additional questions. Everyone new (I've already got one email) just gets to know about it and pay the requested price.
What relaxes me somewhat is that I'm in no hurry to sell it. I'll have the new(er) car this weekend, and I won't have to drive my car after that. My heart hurts still, but now, not as much.

No comments: