Sunday, February 23

Make that hot tea for three, please

ITEM!: I let Sydney taste my hot tea the other day, and she has decided that she enjoys the drinking of hot tea. I showed her how to make it, and she has since had a cup almost every day. I made it for her this morning, and she made her own tonight, and she's officially a Tea Time person now. I had a fun visual moment yesterday morning when I imagined her sitting in the living room, enjoying her tea, listening to the rain, while B and I were running errands. And come to find out, that's exactly what she was doing. Love it. I told her tonight that Grandma and I will be so happy to share Tea Time with her and she was all, "Grandma likes hot tea, too?" And it occurred to me that Mom and I always have our tea after she goes to sleep, so she'd never know.
ITEM!: I put my car up for sale on craigslist later this afternoon, and I've already got 10 emails about it, and I'm feeling very overwhelmed. Honestly, I'm not ready to give up my Jetta, though its issues are driving me crazy, and I need something younger and with fewer miles. I do just love the car so much. Anyway, Kelley Blue Book is estimating more than I thought it was worth, and I'm asking for more than I want, but with this response, I might just get the higher amount. And that would be straight awesome. But still, I love that car and my heart is hurting.
ITEM!: The newest book about Mystic and Boysen is officially out of my hands and in the email inbox of my new editor. She tells me that she'll have it back to me by Friday, and I'm very excited to read/see what she has to say about it. I've read it to Brian, Sydney and Mom today, and I got some positive feedback from the kids at the reading last week, so I'm eager to get this one done and marketed.
ITEM!: Today is Brian's birthday, and I think he had a great day! We had delicious breakfast; visited Best Buy but didn't buy any video games; hung out at home; watched bits of several movies; ate some pasta for dinner; and he's been eating his German chocolate cake all weekend. Good stuff for Brian!

No comments: