Monday, February 10

For the love of the chair

This is my awesome red leather chair in my living room. The chair is about 18 years old, and has weathered those years well. However, you will notice that there is a red, duct tape patch on the arm there. Yeah, that's a necessary fix to an ugly problem. The leather had cracked and even split in three places on the armrest there. The tears were too much for any kind of leather repair kit, so the tape thing was really my only solution. I have two different shades of red duct tape, and this is the darker, less bright one. It seems to be holding up well; my fix has been in place for a couple weeks. I love the chair too much to consider a replacement, also a new one now is a very expensive chair. Eventually, I'll have a cute loveseat in my living room, and this awesome red chair will be retired to a less-used place of honor in the home.

No comments: