Friday, February 7

That's a huge to-do off my to-do list

Isn't it always just a little surprising when something works out as well as it could? I mean, we went to the DMV for our RealIDs today, and it was quick and painless. We didn't have an appointment, but I did the pre-applications, and ensured that we had all the paperwork that we needed. We got our new pictures taken, and the line took about 20 minutes, I guess. The desk agent was incredibly nice, and very efficient. It's funny; the lady in line ahead of us had to go back home to get something that she didn't have the first time she came by this morning to get her ID. And because of that, I was very happy that I read and re-read the application requirements before we got there today.
Everything was approved and accepted, and we walked out of there after maybe 40 minutes, and we'll have our IDs in seven to 10 days. Like I said, surprisingly easy and painless for an afternoon visit to the DMV.
Also, I got the oil service on the Jetta done. There is a list of things that need to be fixed, but nothing catastrophic, and he also said that I could ask for a lot more for the car than I had thought I could. But as it is, I'll be fine driving it for a few more weeks, and I feel okay about selling it to someone who knows that there is work to be done to it.
I'm going to be despondent when I have to watch someone else drive that car away from me, you know. It's going to be tough. I love that car so much.

No comments: