Monday, March 9

Skeeter Eaters do not eat skeets

I've been reading at night, you guys, and that typically distracts me away from the blog, so that's that. I'm posting this on a Monday morning, before I head out to work, and that's a weird feeling, but also okay.
Sydney and I drive out to California tomorrow afternoon, and I am beyond excited to be there for a few days. I've got plans for almost every day, which is always awesome. I'm not as far along in my packing as I usually am at this point, but really, I think I'll be able to pull it all together this afternoon. I need to make a list fo stuff for Sydney to pile today while I'm at work.
ANYWAY, this is a crane fly. They are all over the place right now, as it seems to be crane fly season. I have no idea how these little monsters are getting in my house, but alas, they seem to be everywhere. When we lived in Houston, my friend Marlo told me that they were called "skeeter eaters," because apparently, they eat mosquitos. That is not at all accurate, by the way, but you can't explain Texas sometimes. Also, because it is nonsensical, we now call them that, too. Sydney is afraid of them though, and that made for an interesting last few days because she'd holler for someone to come kill one whenever she sees them.

No comments: