Monday, March 16

Cupcakes can cure this whole f*cking thing

Social Distancing, Day One:
I had to go to the grocery store this afternoon. We needed milk, eggs, Vitamin C, waffles and a 15-count chocolate cupcake rainbow. We stayed as far away from other people as we could, but still, it was a grocery store. I used a disinfectant wipe on the cart, but still, people were abundant. And it just couldn't be helped. So that was my only foray into the general public.
I did go to work, as did all my coworkers, and with such a small office, we were able to have a quick meeting to be reassured of our security in the company. I wasn't sure how nervous I was until I heard that we were all safe, and I was physically relieved and relaxed after hearing that.
Brian's work gave no such assurances though, and the company has instead chosen to shut down hygiene and close offices one day every week for the next few weeks. Not exactly a boost of confidence, but at least they're not shutting down entirely.
Sydney did absolutely nothing in regards to school, which shouldn't surprise any of you. I didn't have any time to find her any geometry worksheets or social studies and English study guides, though she does know that she owes me a book report by Friday afternoon. I wish I had some work packets or something for her. That is definitely on my to-do list for tomorrow.
My dad shopped at Target, my mom ran some errands and went to an appointment, so both my older-than-65, immuno-compromised parents did exactly what they wanted to do today and gave the governor of California the middle finger. It's all fun and games until either one gets sick and I lose my shit with worry.
We watched the last two week's episodes of "LEGO Masters" tonight, and it's not right how stressed out we get watching that show. It is very enjoyable though, and you all should watch it.

No comments: