Monday, March 23

Always read the ingredients ... ALWAYS

Social Distancing, Day Eight:
I have been betrayed. In my own home. Betrayal, you guys.
Brian bought one of those green smoothie drinks at the grocery store the other day. He decided to drink it tonight, and asked me to taste it first. Typically, these random drinks taste more like apple juice than anything else. This time though, it tasted of something far more nefarious.
Banana. It had banana in it.
Of course, I accused Brian of this duplicity. He intentionally gave me juice with banana in it, which is, decidedly, an act of extreme treachery and aggression.
Oh sure, you may say, maybe he really didn't know that there was banana in the shake. Okay, so maybe he didn't. But also, he didn't check the shake to be sure that there WASN'T banana in it. Again! Dishonesty!
After he tasted it he told me that he didn't taste the banana, and that it was almost entirely apple juice flavor. I beg to differ, and told him so. Isn't it funny how when there's a taste you don't like ...  er, hate, you can pick it out of everything? He doesn't get to give me anything to blind taste-test ever again, that's for sure.
BETRAYAL.

No comments: