Sunday, March 22

It's been a week; how are you doing?

Social Distancing, Day Seven:
We made it to a Costco today, you guys, and it was, despite all reports, a pleasant shopping experience. There were only three people in line ahead of us to get in, and if you weren't looking for disinfecting things or paper products, there was plenty of stuff to buy. We got food, of course, and that's all we needed, but all the food we wanted was there. And that seems to be the anomaly here. So many places don't have the food people are looking for, and that's just wrong. What the hell is going on here? People need to not be hoarding food.
There's a vodka and gin distillery near me that has shifted to making hand sanitizer for the masses, and they're selling it fo $1.50 an ounce. I do not have much hand sanitizer, so Brian and I went to the place to pick some up. There was a line, and of course, this is after we bought our Costco food, so we couldn't leave it sitting in the car for any length of time, so we bailed. We'll head back again later this week.
I did get the windows in my bedroom cleaned though, and after years of my dog pounding on them and barking at them, they are finally devoid of dog spit residue. Which sounds gross, and looked gross, but you know, it's dog stuff that dog people have to deal with. Anyway, my windows are clean now.
Once again, I am soliciting prayers for my fuchsia, in the hopes that this one will survive the summer. I'm going to repot it and am prepared to bring it inside before the weather gets too warm, so I have high hopes for this particular plant. I love fuchsias, and watching last year's die was a personal heartbreak for me, so I'm determined to get this dude inside and happy before the Arizona summer decimates it.
I still haven't gotten the link I need to use my work computer remotely, so I guess I have to go into the office tomorrow morning. I'll get in and get out as quickly as I can, and hopefully leave for the day with the option of working from home. Also, Sydney starts her online classroom tomorrow, and Brian's schedule has been reduced to two days a week. Life is so weird right now.

No comments: