Saturday, March 21

Sherlock Holmes > Spenser His-Last-Name

Social Distancing, Day Six:
What's interesting about this whole social distancing thing is the amount of time there is to get random projects done around the house because there is really nothing else to do. Today, I cleaned out the deck box on the patio, and threw away a bunch of stuff and reorganized the rest of the stuff. I did a little bit of weeding in the yard, and did some general clean-up. The weeding and clean-up? Normal. The box reorganization? Result of the isolation.
We also had our first necessity-based take-out experience, at Oregano's, of course. I've decided that I don't quite like getting my sausage sandwich as take-out, because the bun gets soggy by the time I eat it, and that makes it kinda gross. But it'll taste better tomorrow after the microwave reheat makes the whole thing kinda soggy.
I've watched a bit more "Sherlock," and that's a good show! I just started the third season. I have been told that this and the next season get to be not-as-great, and I already can see some aesthetic changes, but I'm in it for the long haul. Three more episodes of this season, and three episodes of the fourth season, and then, it's time for "Luther." I just checked and there are four seasons of 'Luther" on Amazon Prime.
Also, Brian and I watched "Spenser Confidential" on Netflix this afternoon. What's my takeaway from that one? Winston Duke is a big dude! Of course, most everyone is big compared to Mark Wahlberg, but still, he's a big guy. And the movie was pretty good. Of course, because we've all seen these kinds of movies a thousand times, I knew the partner was dirty, but the whole thing came together okay. And the movie ends with a total opening for a sequel, which would be an okay television series (again), but I doubt they'll have that many movies up their sleeves.

No comments: