Thursday, March 5

And it shall be called Bert

I am composing this to the dulcet sounds of some random country music singer performing at WestWorld tonight. He's been rocking out for over an hour already, and will probably be done soon. Isn't there some kind of noise ordinance about concerts playing later than 10 p.m.? At any rate, there's a nice breeze blowing in through my window, and the music isn't terribly offensive, so that's all I've got going on right now.
The big thing that needed to be done was done today, and it went relatively smoothly. I still spent 45 minutes in the DMV, but the car is titled in my name, the registration is paid through 2021, and I've got my license plate on it. So all in all, it was a successful afternoon. I have no other reason to visit the DMV for a while now, and that's a super good thing.
Mom and I were discussing the car tonight, and how it really needed a name to ingratiate itself with me, and since it has a Mary Poppins sticker on it, I have decided that its name will be Bert. No gender either, just Bert. Bert the awesome chimney sweep, and it will be fine. Yes. Yes, I like that. Bert.

A Google search informs me that this weekend is Rodeo Scottsdale at WestWorld, and that I am currently listening to Tony Martinez entertain the crowd. Sounds like it may be an interesting weekend for us locals.

No comments: