Tuesday, March 24

Happy, happy little bee

Social Distancing, Day Nine:
I spent some time hanging out in my backyard this afternoon, and I'm so excited to say that my orange tree is *humming* with bee activity. Last year, I worried that my orange blossoms would get no bees, and I even wondered if there was some kind of CraigsList for bees to let them know that this tree was here. This year, I have no such concerns. Bees, bees everywhere. I love just watching them fly around and buzz buzz with their happiness. Also, the tree smells absolutely amazing.
I'd never had an orange tree in my immediate vicinity before we moved into this house, and I have to tell you, it's fantastic. The tree itself is a very pretty little tree, but for those three weeks or so when the blossoms are opening and bloomed, and the bees are happy, it is my favorite tree in the whole world.
I know I very rarely use my own pics with my posts, but this one I actually did take on my tree the other day.

No comments: