Tuesday, March 17

I failed again at staying away from places

Social Distancing, Day Two:
I had to pick up a prescription at Target this afternoon, and bought a couple other things while there. Apparently, there are people waiting for the store to open at 8 every morning, and they rush in and grab all the disinfectant products that are restocked during the night. They get all the paper products that are shelved every night, too. I do not want to be one of those people, but I'm going to need paper towels and napkins soon.
The Scottsdale libraries are still open, and I visited one to return one book that was due tomorrow, and pick up one book that was only being held for me until tomorrow. It was creepy how empty and quiet the library was, and I'm glad that it's still open, though I expect they'll all be closing soon.
We had a coworker birthday party at the office today, and everyone enjoyed ice cream cone cupcakes. Unfortunately, the cupcakes included cream cheese frosting, which I do not like, but I soldiered through and ate one anyway. I should have passed, because if I had, I would have only eaten one cupcake today, as I had one of our rainbow cupcakes this afternoon. Two cupcakes in one day is excessive in this time of crisis.
Still no schoolwork for Sydney, but I did have her sit and watch a movie with me this afternoon: "Star Trek (2009)." I believe the Chris Pine "Star Trek" movies to be superior to all others, so I was excited to have her see this one. You guys, she liked it! So many movies I sit her down to watch don't do anything for her, but she liked this one. And she's looking forward to seeing the second one with me tomorrow.
And then Brian wanted to visit Safeway and see what the empty shelves looked like. So we did that.

No comments: