Wednesday, January 8

Yes, a dinosaur and a little girl, obvs

Alright, so I did a thing last year. I finally published my book, "Mystic and Boysen Go to the Dentist." It's a fun, charming and rhyming children's book with bright and engaging illustrations, about a little girl and her dinosaur who need to visit the dentist to help them with a sore mouth. It's on Amazon, available in hardcover, paperback and eBook. I'm very excited about it; it's super awesome, and I did manage to sell a bunch of copies last year. Still, I want to sell way more.
So, how does someone do that when they've self-published, and have a limited reach with their social media? Well, that's an excellent question, my friends. I've set up the professional Facebook page, the professional Instagram, and the professional Twitter. I've tried to get more followers, but when the followers I do have don't share stuff, no one new finds it. So, I'm on the hunt for a new way to get people to find me. I'm getting more active on Twitter; trying new things on Instagram; posting more on Facebook. Any other suggestions? 
Yesterday, I found out who to contact to get my book in the public library system here; I need to email her tonight. There's a local author book sale at a library branch in a couple weeks, but I'm too late to be a part of it, so I'm going with postcards, book copies and my lead sales associate, Leslie.
This year, my goal is to make this book a real, bonafide success, and I'm going to need all the help from my friends and my new-found confidence in this project to do it.
So, the blog here will start to track the success of my efforts to market and publicize this little beauty, as well as my process for getting the next book done. 

No comments: