Friday, January 10

They bark and chirp and zoom, oh my!

I don't know if you guys know this or not, but Arizona has a very large hummingbird population. In fact, there's even a hummingbird preserve down in the south of the state. And yes, here in my town, there are a lot of hummingbirds.
We have a feeder in our backyard, and have had it for well more than a year. Brian is the chef, and I keep an eye on the food level for them, so they don't ever go without for long. Our birds though, have gotten very used to us having a feeder out in the backyard, and they get bitchy when it's empty. They chirp and bark at us and even better, zoom our heads when we go outside and their feeder is empty.
Such happened yesterday. Sydney and I were in the front taking down the Christmas lights. I heard a little dude barking at us from the tree out there, and saw him sitting up atop the branches, watching us in the front yard. I asked him if the feeder was empty and if he was trying to tell me something, and he barked at me some more. So when we were down out front, I checked out the backyard. Little dude zoomed my head three times as I made my way out to the feeder, and yes, it was empty.
I brought it inside and Brian filled it and replaced it last night, and I expect the every little flyer was happy and full up on food this morning. Our birds are awesome, and their attitudes are the best in the whole world.

No comments: