Monday, January 27

This is dedicated to the baby I love...

I just finished writing the verbiage for the dedication I'm submitting for Sydney's 8th grade yearbook. I'm allowed 140 words or less, and up to five photos. I've written way fewer than 140 words, probably closer to 70, but I've definitely used up every one of my photo spots!
Sydney requested that I use no more than two baby pictures, which I really didn't do. I chose two little girl pictures but nothing baby-ish. I chose two from this year and one from kinda in the middle of the time span between the little girl and current kid images. So, five photos, and I'm excited to say that they all exhibit some fun and attitude. Nothing as boring as school pics or straight smiley faces.
I've done these dedications, though none as large as this one, over the last several years. This year warrants a half-page dedication. What I found most difficult was coming up with something different than what I've said before. I have so many phrases and words that I love to say that describe how awesome my kid is, and I'm afraid I overuse them. I kind of just stuck with the usual stuff, but added some extra because I had the space for it. Still, I'll reread it all tomorrow and be sure I like it, or add and/or subtract what I need.
These things are always so hard because she'll have this yearbook, for like, forever, and my words must be profound, moving, inspiring and loving. You know, like *everything* I write.

No comments: