Monday, January 20

There is a Cookie Angel; I met her today

By far, the best part of my day today was the 5-year-old Girl Scout, a "Daisy," who came to my house this afternoon to sell cookies. Oh my god, you guys, she was so frickin' adorable. She and her mom had an amazing cookie wagon set-up, with boxes of cookies and a sign above it that said, "cookies."
I had a wonderful time chatting with her. We discussed all her badges on her vest, all the different cookies and how much they each cost, and how many boxes she'd sold already on her first day. Her favorite cookie is Samoa, so she approved of my purchasing a box of those, and she was happy I bought the new Lemon-Ups.
My favorite interaction though, was regarding my purchase of the Do-Si-Dos, which she told me were pronounced "Doo-see-dooos." Her mom said, no, "Do-Si-Dos" is correct, and then my favorite Girl Scout ever picked up the box, pointed to the "Do," and said, "THAT says DO." Honestly, there's no arguing with that. She's right; and from now on, I will pronounce them "Doo-See-Doos."
I hope she comes back next week.

No comments: