Thursday, January 16

A totally non-natural red going on here

I got my hair colored red today. It's the first time I've ever had my whole head dyed in a color other than brown. That's not to say that I've never had my hair colored other than brown, it's just that the chunks and streaks were not my whole head before, and today, my whole head is red. And I love it. It's super awesome. I don't know how long it'll last, but I've got my sulfate-free shampoo for the long haul, I hope. My next appointment is in six weeks rather than the eight weeks I usually go between hair colorings, so it'll be nice and fresh for Sydney's spring break and our trip out to California. This may become my usual hair color for a while. It makes me happy.

Also! Mom has taken possession of the high school yearbook that I can for sure say was stolen from me more than 20 years ago, and has shipped it to me here. It'll arrive on Saturday, and I can finally put it back on the shelf with its brethren where it belongs. Dudes steal things, and I'll never understand that, but somewhere out there also are the people that'll find your stolen stuff and then find you and contact you, and ensure that you get your stuff back. So, in all this, Keri is the hero, and all is well. A 25-year mystery solved and resolved within 24 hours. It's very crazy. And it's a really good story.

No comments: