Thursday, January 9

Juicy juice juice juice, yummy juice

We went on our first big family vacation this past summer, to Maui, and had a wonderful, amazing, fantastic time. Mom and I have been several times; Brian has been once or twice; and this was Sydney's first visit.
So when we wandered into a convenience store and I saw some Aloha pineapple/orange juice, I knew what I was about to drink, and I knew it would be awesome. I drank that juice all week. I was very sad to leave Maui, for very many reasons, but I also knew that I would miss my favorite juice.
I've checked, and if I want a case of the juice, it'll cost me $36 on Amazon. Wow. It costs more than beer, you guys, because it tastes better. I can get a six-pack for $17. (I'm actually thinking about that one. Amazon Prime has Saturday delivery on it... ).
Anyway, I found a bottle of Dole juice, an orange juice with pineapple juice in it, and I thought that maybe, just maybe, it'll taste as good. I'm disappointed, to say the least, in the very real difference between pineapple juice with orange juice in it, and orange juice with pineapple juice in it. The Dole juice has the bite of the orange juice experience, with the minimal sweetness of the pineapple in there, and that does absolutely nothing for me. Thankfully, Brian really likes the Dole, so it won't be wasted.
I'll sit here and just dream about my pineapple/orange juice cans.

No comments: