Monday, October 1

Bring it on, Halloween

Let's talk about Halloween decorations. I have out everything I think I want out, but there are still some things sitting on the dining room table, waiting for me to find them a place. It's just a couple pieces that I could probably donate very easily and with minimal emotional effort, so that may be the way they go. I do need to close up the bins though and get them back in the garage, because I'm sick of seeing them all over my dining room.Tomorrow, I'll get to the outside decorations. I have some new signage to put out, and some things to organize and prepare for. It occurred to me this morning that Sydney and I will have to hit the pumpkin patch some time in the next couple weeks, and also that I need to come up with some new ideas for those pumpkins. Last year, I had a mummy, spider and candy corn. I haven't seen any super cool or noteworthy ideas yet this season. Obviously, I'll need to do some research on this.
Sydney and I bought our third and fourth bag of candy of the season today. I did myself a favor and bought her candy that I can very easily walk past without a thought, though: Hershey bars and Dove caramel and chocolate candies. I didn't say I don't like them, because they both sound pretty awesome, but that I could walk past them more easily than say, a Twix, Snickers, 3 Musketeers, Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, Junior Mints, Milk Duds, York Peppermint Patties, Bit-O-Honey, Hot Tamales, Rolos, Tootsie Rolls and CINNAMON BEARS.

No comments: