Thursday, September 27

Halloween has arrived early

I usually have a pretty strict rule about decorating for a holiday before the first of the month of the holiday. But allowing for the first of October landing on a Monday, and the fact that we'll be gone this weekend, I brought all the Halloween decorations into the house today.
And against my better judgment, I started putting them out.I can't be trusted when it comes to Halloween, you know. I've finished with the kitchen, and I just finished the upstairs. But I'm doing a purging of Halloween somewhat, too, and so far, my dining room table is piled with some decorations that I don't want anymore. Of course, there are some new pieces that I don't know where I want to put yet, too. (Because I have very little self control about Halloween.)
I imagine I'll get everything else out and up tomorrow, since I won't be able to stop myself. What I need to pick up at Target though is another couple sets of nightlights bulbs, and some white light strings, and some small batteries for a couple other light-up things.
No doubt I'll futz and shift things over the next few days, but for now, in a couple places, I'm pretty pleased with how it looks.

No comments: