Wednesday, September 26

Thinking about new TV

I can't begin to tell you the last time Brian and I sat down to watch a new show together. Like, really, it's been a very long time. Our television viewing habits do not really coincide too much, and for something to come along to intrigue both of us is a rare event.
I had a feeling about "Manifest," though, and suggested that we both take the time to sit through that one together. We missed it Monday night because of football, but did finally sit and watch it last night.
By virtue of the airplane plot, I was intrigued to see how similar or aligned the show would be with "Lost," which I loved. I was super pleased with how quickly the airplane passengers were re-introduced into the world, and that it seems like it'll focus on their struggle to re-enter their lives. And the whole voices-in-their-heads thing looks like it'll be pretty awesome. I mean, they're kinda like superheroes now.
As Brian said at the end of the episode, "Well, that was interesting. They've got us next week..."
And as for other new shows? I recorded/set up recording "New Amsterdam;" "Magnum, P.I." for Brian; "Lethal Weapon," because of Seann William Scott, even though it's not a new show but a new one for us; "Murphy Brown," because OF COURSE; and I'm thinking maybe "Single Parents."
I've broken up with so many shows lately that it's kinda exciting to be meeting new shows.

No comments: