Monday, September 17

Could you BE any more unhelpful?

My boss did something stupid and unhelpful today, and in fact, even made my job more difficult and time-consuming, if you can believe it. But since I really don't know who reads this blog, although I doubt any of my coworkers do, I'll still refrain from mouthing off too much about this latest inconvenience. Except to say that, when you give an employee a topic to research to make their job easier, don't take their recommendation, ignore it, and then find something you like better that only helps the employee with half of their job. Like, really?
It was weird because I had a very apathetic approach to going to work this morning. I said it to my friends, I just didn't feel like going in today. I wasn't dreading anything; and there wasn't anything to be nervous or anxious about. I just didn't feel good about going in.
And then she went and did something stupid and unhelpful, and now I'm thinking that I should really pay more attention to my instincts. Of course, not going in today would have only prolonged the pain from today until tomorrow, so there's that. But you know, it's just grating, and to think that I had a feeling about work anyway.
No worries. I'll just ignore the unhelpful "solution," and go about my business, per usual.

No comments: